JOB VACANCY - VILLAGE HALL CARETAKER
The Parish Council are looking to appoint a new Caretaker for the Village Hall.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to make a difference in the beautiful community of Winterton please submit a CV/Covering letter to the Parish Clerk on email@example.com or send to Winterton Village Hall, Kings Street, Winterton, NR29 4AT.
For further details please call Cllr John Smithson firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Clerk on 07918 978921
Closing date for applications is 10 October. Interviews will be held late October/early November 2021.
BASED AT: Winterton-on-Sea Village Hall, King Street, Winterton-on-Sea, Norfolk
REPORTS TO: Winterton-on-Sea Parish Council (Village Hall Cllr responsible for the Village Hall and Clerk)
WORKS WITH: Parish Clerk and Councillors
HOURS: 6/7 per week (Dependant on tasks)
PAY SCALE: £9.00 per hour, paid monthly in 12 equal instalments
To clean, maintain and take bookings for Winterton Village Hall to an acceptable standard for daily hire of the facility to the public. This role may suit a job share arrangement.
Cleaning and servicing
- To clean and service on a regular, planned basis and to a high standard, the facilities and floors of Winterton Village Hall as specified in the attached Schedule.
- To ensure that the building remains tidy and that all furniture and equipment is appropriately stored after use.
- To monitor stocks of cleaning supplies and other consumables and to advise the Parish Clerk to ensure that they are replenished in good time.
- To report any repair or maintenance requirements to the Parish Clerk in a timely manner.
- To act as main contact for hirers, take calls and make bookings into a diary.
- To welcome occasional casual hirers to the facility and advise them of the location of tables and chairs, and show them the facilities of the Hall.
- To visit the Hall after hire and ensure that it is clean, equipment is stored away and the Hall is locked after use.
Supervision of premises
- To monitor the activities of the Hall to ensure that hirers comply with the conditions of hire and other statutory requirements.
- To monitor maintenance requirements in the immediate vicinity of the outside of the Hall, and report to the Parish Clerk in a timely manner
- The Hall is mainly used by regular hirers, with very occasional casual use that would require a welcome.